Mariana's Chicken and Shrimp Kabobs
* 2-4 Boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
* 8-10 shrimp (I use the small cocktail shrimp)
* 12 grape tomatoes
* 1/2 an onion, cut into 4 parts
* 4 bamboo grilling kabob skewers
Ingredients for marinade:
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 2 tbsp. white distilled vinegar
* 2 tbsp. garlic powder or minced garlic
* 2 tbsp. salt
* 1 tbsp. black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cut the chicken tenderloins into 1 inch thick strips. In a small bowl, throw in pieces of chicken, shrimp, tomatoes and onions. Incorporate the ingredients for the marinade and mix thoroughly. Thread the tomatoes, onions, chicken and shrimp alternately onto the skewers. Place on a flat baking pan and pour over the remaining marinade juices. Cook on oven for 20 minutes (turning it over once when 10 minutes have gone by).
You can try this recipe with whatever veggies you have at home: mushrooms, peppers, corn, etc. Get creative!